A 10ml Luer-Lock syringe with a 50mm 21g sharp needle is a commonly used medical device for various purposes. This type of syringe is designed for efficient and precise liquid administration or withdrawal. Here are some key details about this particular syringe:
1. Capacity: The syringe has a capacity of 10 milliliters, which means it can hold up to 10 cubic centimeters of liquid. This makes it suitable for moderate to larger volume injections or extractions.
2. Luer-Lock Connection: The syringe is equipped with a Luer-Lock connection mechanism. This type of system ensures a secure and leak-free attachment between the syringe barrel and the needle, preventing any accidental disconnections during use.
3. Needle Length and Gauge: The syringe comes with a 50mm needle. The length of the needle is particularly important when administering injections, as it determines the appropriate depth of penetration. The 21g needle size reflects its gauge or thickness, where smaller numbers indicate larger needles.
4. Sharpness: The needle is sharp to facilitate smooth penetration through the skin or other surfaces. The sharpness of the needle reduces patient discomfort and minimizes tissue damage during injections or extractions.
5. Applications: The 10ml Luer-Lock syringe with a 50mm 21g sharp needle serves various medical purposes. It can be used for vaccinations, blood sampling, medication administration, intramuscular injections, intravenous drug administration, and many other applications.
6. Safety Considerations: Proper handling and disposal precautions should always be followed when using any syringe with a needle. To ensure patient and user safety, it is important to dispose of used needles properly in designated sharps containers. This helps prevent accidental needlestick injuries and reduces the risk of infection or disease transmission.
Remember, always consult with a healthcare professional or a trained medical practitioner before using any medical device, including syringes. They can provide specific instructions and guidance based on individual needs and circumstances.